First SecondsSaved by your escape pod... you are still alive. But, for how much longer? There are no in-game tutorials to walk you through all of this YET. So remember: Flight, Fight, Build, Broaden.
Fight and Flight
Flight! To Escape your pod, press "T" to interact. Turn back and loot your escape pod for emergency colonizing supplies (e.g. Small Medikit, Small Oxygen Bottle, Emergency Rations). Use the menu Tips and Tricks.
Build and Broaden
Build and lay the foundations of your first, emergency base. Your Life Stats are running out, and you have about an hour. Equip the flashlight and placeable Work light, for when times get dark. A daring survivor may try removing their helmet, briefly, to see if Oxygen will be an issue. Supplies from your Escape Pod should have included a Survivor Constructor as well as an Oxygen Generator to be placed in Water The Life Giver and then, crucially, power it by filling it with Fuel Packs (Promethium).
These are the beginnings of a base. You might consider travelling for a minute to find ore deposits to build near. When you travel, be sure to Forage every plant you cross for later use in Agriculture. Then, once you are sure your Oxygen Generator is powered, you can begin using that Survivor Constructor to build your Base Starter. The Base Starter will need to be set up so it can't be stolen.
At that point, a survivor might allow themselves to hope they will see the stars again some day.
Devices including the Oxygen Tank and Oxygen Station, Plant Grow Lights, Food Processor Device: Everything needs energy.
To create a BASE [BA], first consider its location. When you have chosen your ideal location, you need to create the 'Base Start' block from the constructor building-blocks templates. You may also need to flatten the terrain with the 'filler tool' prior to placing the base start block (you'll notice a red cube and a message telling you to do so, if the terrain is not suitable to place the base start block). When you are done with the preparations, place the base start block and the first, formative blocks of your base will be automatically placed as well. At this point, you may note the base's CORE block. It is CRITICAL that you protect this block at all times as, once this core block is destroyed, the base is no longer YOURS.
With your first base blocks down, you will next need to create additional building blocks and materials. To do this, you will need to access the pods other cargo containers and take out the various METAL INGOTS. Place these items into your escape pod constructor's inventory. Once done, you will note that you can now create items using your constructor. Iron ingots create metal plates, among other things. Metal plates allow you to build standard building blocks, ideal for constructing bases and ships alike. Create blocks and start building your base but, be careful to manage your resources VERY carefully at this early point.
You will find that you will need multiple items that, themselves also require sub-items to be constructed. Resource management is critical at this stage. Priorities for building are:
Small Generator [BA] + small fuel tank [CV/BA]. Once constructed, place these items upon your new base blocks. As before, place FUEL PACKS into your small fuel tank and then, While in proximity, press 'Y' to activate your base.
Consider next creating a LARGE constructor [CV/BA]. This 'bigger brother' to your escape pod constructor will allow you to build more advanced and more critical items for your base. Additional items will require additional resources and so, mining various minerals and metals, as well as gathering or scavenging items are also required. From here, there is no set path on how to proceed. Each person is unique and has their own way of surviving however, you now have a good idea of how to get started within Empyrion Galactic Survival.
Building your first Base (BA)
- You can either build a planetary base or an orbital base
- Minimum blocks needed to build functional (BA): Core, Small Generator, Small Fuel Tank, (Gravity Generator for orbital base)
Note that by creating a new BA, the core and some hull blocks are already placed.
Your Base must be supplied with Oxygen, Power, and other good stuff. It is your Home, and the place where you will return to after a hard day of mining (:
Building your first Hover Vehicle (HV)
Hover Vehicle (HV):
- Minimum blocks needed to build functional (HV): Core, Thruster, Generator, RCS, Cockpit, Fuel Tank, Hover Engine
- Hover Engine keeps (HV) “above the ground”. You can regulate the hover distance with C / Space (default)
- With Shift+Space you can activate a “turbo boost” to make a large jump (has to reload for a certain time)
- Overall energy consumption of (HV) is very low compared to (SV)
Note that by creating a new HV, the core and hover engine are already placed and do not need to be crafted. Your HV has a “flight direction” (indicated by arrow on Core) and some blocks (e.g. cockpit, weapons) are automatically aligned according to the flight direction.
Additionally, please note that if you plan to dock your HV to a CV at any point, please note that the Docking Pads won't work (as the HV still stays hovered a bit even while turned off), so you will need to use Landing Gear for this.
Your Hover Vehicle may help you to travel long distances very easily, for mining, or travelling, etc. Or just for fun! (-:
Building your first Small Vessel (SV)
Small Vessel (SV):
- Minimum blocks needed to build functional (SV): Core, Thruster, Generator, RCS, Cockpit, Fuel Tank
- Downward-facing thrusters keep (SV) “in air” on planet (they have special electronic circuit to have this functionality).
- Energy consumption is higher on planet than in space
Note that by creating a new (SV), the core and some hull blocks are already placed. Your (SV) has a “flight direction” (indicated by arrow on Core) and some blocks (e.g. cockpit, weapons) are automatically aligned according to the flight direction.
- Be sure to include a docking pad somewhere if you intend on docking your (SV) to a capital ship!
- If you're going to use Hydrogen Fuel Packs, be sure to equip at least 6 fuel tanks on your (SV). Hydrogen Fuel Packs only provide 15 units of energy per pack so you will be refueling constantly if you don't have enough fuel tanks present on your (SV).
- Be sure to armor all of the critical parts of your (SV). If a storage box is destroyed, so are all the items that were in the storage box.
A Small Vessel will help you discover that the sky is not the limit! (;
Building your first Capital Vessel (CV)
Capital Vessel (CV):
- Minimum blocks needed to build functional (CV): Core, Thruster, Generator, RCS, Cockpit, Fuel Tank, Gravity Generator, Warp Drive
- You will probably want to add O2 tanks and an O2 station, as well as a Medic Station, as some of the late game planets are quite inhospitable!
Note that by creating a new CV, the core and some hull blocks are already placed. Your CV has a “flight direction” (indicated by arrow on Core) and some blocks (e.g. cockpit, weapons) are automatically aligned according to the flight direction.
The Capital Vessel will help you to travel through the stars. It is one of the most important aspects of Empyrion: Galactic Survival, as it will allow you to access new planets in various solar systems! (: